There are plenty of things that can put your sleep schedule into disarray, including vacations and school breaks. These times can be great for catching up on sleep, particularly for the sleep deprived, but they can also disrupt sleep schedules which can disrupt a person’s sleep cycle for several weeks. This means that while the vacation goes great, the weeks following can be full of troublesome nights of sleep.
Here are a few simple things to keep in mind to help keep the weeks after the vacation or break from being less enjoyable.
- Alcohol is great for falling asleep but prevents a restful night’s sleep.
- Caffeine makes it difficult to fall asleep and stays in the system for up to six hours.
- Carbonation causes bloating, stomach pressure, and heartburn.
- Sugar before bed can cause nightmares.
- Breads and pastas break down into sugars causing, you guessed it, nightmares.
- Spicy foods also cause bad dreams.
- Keep as close to your regular sleep routine as possible to avoid readjusting later.
Wherever you go, we hope your vacation is relaxing and you’re able to go somewhere sunny and warm! If nothing else, it’s always a great time to catch up on some sleep on your Wolf mattress.